Monday 12 December 2011

Our Blog Code of Conduct


Our Gamma A-Team blogs are a way for us to share our learning and ideas with our classmates, teachers, family and interested readers anywhere in the world. We enjoy sharing our educational adventures and love receiving feedback from others about our postings. We also understand that our school core values and technology code of conduct apply to our work on our team blogs just like they do when we are working in the regular classroom. We agree that we will abide by the following blog expectations:
  • I will create a personal avatar of myself and not use a personal photo on my blog.
  • I understand that this is a school blog, not a personal blog, and will use it to share ideas about my learning.
  • I will never put my own or others full name, address, phone number, email or other personal information on the internet.
  • I will not write the names of people in pictures that I post. I will describe what’s happening in the photo, just not WHO is in the photo.
  • I agree to use a maximum of three gadgets/widgets on my blog at any time.
  • To keep my blog organized and to help my teachers with monitoring my blog, I will label all blogs with category labels.
  • If I post photographs, videos, or work that is not my own, I will acknowledge where I got it from.
  • I will share these expectations with my parents so that they know they are expected to follow the same guidelines.
Finally, as a special note to anyone viewing our blogs from outside our learning community:
We use these blogs to share our learning experiences. While we aim to publish error-free work, some will be in draft form and sometimes we will make mistakes. We ask that you focus on our achievements and not our errors.

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Hill,

    Will teachers be restricted to the 3 widget rule too? I think we are both in violation already! I like the news feeds. I'll have to find a "math in the news" feed for mine. Mr. H

    ReplyDelete